In its third year of operations, the World Law Foundation counts on more than 50 members of the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Board, all aligned to achieving the same objective: to promote the Rule of Law throughout the World. Distinguished personalities from all around the world have been collaborating in the governance and administration of our Foundation, created to also support the tasks carried out for almost 60 years by the World Jurist Association, including the World Law Congress, and the granting of the World Peace & Liberty Award and the Ruth Bader Ginsburg Medals of Honor, and other events and campaigns to promote Peace Through Law.
The Foundation is committed to promoting and disseminating respect for the law as instrument for the defense of world peace in international relations between States and Regions.
To date, the members of the World Law Foundation Board of Trustees are:
President: Javier Cremades, Spain, President of World Law Foundation.
Vice-President: Viviane Reding, Luxembourg, former Vice-President of the European Commission.
- Alfredo Barnechea, Peru, writer, journalist, and politician.
- Alfredo Dagnino, Spain, Secretary General to the World Law Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Andrés Cardó, Peru, President of Andrés Cardó & Asociados and former Managing Director of Prisa Radio & Cadena SER.
- Antonio Navalón, Spain, Journalist.
- Antonio Poncioni Merian, Portugal, Senior Advisor at Lazard.
- Baltasar Garzón, Spain, President of Baltasar Garzón International Foundation.
- Carlos Ayala Corao, Venezuela, Vice-President of the International Commission of Jurists.
- Carlos de la Mata Gorostizaga, General Counsel at Crowe Madrid.
- César Rodrigo Landa, Peru, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and former president of the Constitutional Court.
- Christina Blacklaws, United Kingdom, Non-Executive Director to Ogier.
- Danilo Türk, Slovenia, former President of Slovenia.
- David Hatchwell Altaras, Spain, President of Fundación Hispanojudía.
- Dita Charanzová, Czech Republic, Vice-President of the European Parliament.
- Eduardo Ferrer Mac-Gregor, Mexico, Judge and former President of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
- Elisabeth Cassin, France, President of the Group Spectrum Office at Orange.
- Enrique Iglesias García, Uruguay, Former Secretary General of Ibero-American General Secretariat.
- Hachem Boulos, Lebanon, Partner of Boulos Law Office.
- Hanna Sochocka, Poland, former Prime Minister of Poland.
- Hilarie Bass, USA, Past President of American Bar Association, and Founder of the Bass Institute for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Humberto Romero-Muci, Venezuela, President of the Academy of Political and Social Sciences of Venezuela.
- Íñigo Sagardoy, Spain, Chairman of Sagardoy Abogados.
- James Black II, USA, Counsel of Silverman Acampora NYC, and Vice-President of the World Jurist Association.
- Joao Caiado Guerreiro, Partner at Caiado Guerreiro.
- Jorge Neri Bonilla, Venezuela, CEO of EIG Multimedia Group and Editor of Cambio16.
- José Ángel Martínez Sanchiz, Spain, President of the General Council of Notaries.
- José Igreja Matos, Portugal, President of the International Association of Judges.
- Juan Domingo Alfonzo, Venezuela, Partner at Torres Plaza Araujo.
- Juan Gonzalo Ospina, Colombia-Spain, President of Ospina Abogados.
- Juan Pablo Gallego, Argentina, President of Gallego Abogados.
- Karen Longaric, Bolivia, former Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Karlos Navarro, Nicaragua, President of the Academy of Jurisprudence of Nicaragua.
- Katharina Miller, Germany, President of European Women Lawyer Association.
- Manuel Aragón Reyes, Spain, Emeritus Judge of the Spanish Constitutional Court, and Academic Director of the World Law Congress.
- Manuel Valls, France-Spain, Councilor in Barcelona, former Prime Minister of France.
- Marcelo Montero Iglesis, Chile, Partner at Budasis.
- María Dolores de Cospedal, Spain, former Minister of Defense.
- María Eugenia Gay, Spain, Delegate of the Spanish Government in Catalonia, Dean of the Barcelona Bar Association.
- Milton Ray Guevara, Dominican Republic Chief Justice of the Constitutional Court.
- Nicolas de Santis, Italy, Tech Entrepreneur & CEO of Corporate Vision.
- Nuno Ataide Das Neves, Portugal, Judge at the Oporto Court of Appel.
- Salvador Cerón, Mexico, Executive President at STF Consulting Group.
- Santiago Solines, Ecuador, Partner at Solines & Asociados.
- Ulises Fernández Rojas, Colombia, Partner HFS Abogados, and Partner at Borbón & Associates.
- Vaira Vike-Frieberga, Latvia, former President of Latvia.
The members of the Advisory Board are:
- Alexandru Tanase, Moldova, former Minister of Justice, and former President of the Constitutional Court.
- Bertrand Mathieu, France, Professor University Paris I, Panthéon Sorbonne, and member of the State Council.
- Elena-Simina Tănăsescu, Romania, Judge at the Constitutional Court.
- Marcelo Figueiredo, Brazil, Vice-President of the International Association of Constitutional Law.
- Mathieu Disant, France, Professor Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne University, and Director of CERCRID.
- Micrea Criste, Romania, Deputy Ombudsman.
- Rainer Arnold, Germany, Professor of Public Law at the University of Regensburg.
- Toma Birmontiene, Lithuania, Professor, Former Judge of the Constitutional Court.
- Zaza Tavadze, Georgia, President of the Constitutional Court.