Dentons is pleased to announce the launch of an office in Milan—its first in Italy—with the hire of 21 lawyers, including seven partners, led by Managing Partner Federico Sutti. Sutti, who is rated by both Chambers and The Legal 500 as one of Italy’s most reputable lawyers, was formerly DLA Piper’s Managing Director for Europe and Africa. He is joined by other leading lawyers focusing on real estate, energy and employment law.
Their arrival follows Dentons’ recently announced merger with US law firm McKenna Long & Aldridge as well as the announcement of the upcoming combination between Dentons and 大成, which will create the world’s largest law firm. Earlier this year Dentons also announced the hire of 8 partners along with 50 lawyers and other professionals in Budapest.
Dentons’ Global Chairman Joe Andrew commented, “Italy ranks amongst the world’s top 10 countries by GDP, and is the third largest economy in the Eurozone. The launch of our Milan office marks another important milestone towards achieving our objective of becoming the world’s leading law firm, capable of offering clients premium counsel in all of the places they do business.”
Global Chief Executive Officer Elliott Portnoy added, “Federico and his team are recognized as some of Italy’s most reputable lawyers in their respective areas of focus. Their arrival supports our polycentric approach of offering clients the best legal talent across the world, where our lawyers are also deeply rooted in the communities in which they operate.”
“Italy is one of the key markets under our growth strategy for Europe,” said Tomasz Dąbrowski, Chief Executive Officer, Europe. “We are very pleased to welcome such a high quality team to the Firm and look forward to working with Federico Sutti and new colleagues in order to achieve our objective of becoming one of the leading full service international practices in the country.”
Evan Lazar, Chairman of Dentons’ Europe Board, added, “We continue to make strategic and important growth moves across the Europe Region, where we see a significant and growing amount of cross-border work. With many clients seeking counsel with a meaningful presence in Italy, we are very pleased to be able to offer them this leading team of real estate, energy and employment lawyers from day one.”
The full list of lawyers joining Dentons as partners is:
- Federico Sutti joins from DLA Piper. He advises Italian and international clients in the acquisition of real estate assets as well as on complex developments. During 16 years as Managing Partner for Italy he helped DLA Piper to become the largest international firm in the country. He has also served as DLA Piper’s Managing Director for Europe and Africa and was a member of the firm’s Global and International Board.
- Aldo Calza joins from HELP – The Employment Law Plant, the leading Italian employment law boutique he founded after leaving DLA Piper. He is ranked as a “leading individual” by both Chambers and The Legal 500.
- Pier Francesco Faggiano joins from DLA Piper. A corporate partner focusing on private equity, M&A and joint ventures, his clients include Italian and pan-European investment funds, financial institutions and Italian and multinational industrial groups.
- Matteo Falcione joins from DLA Piper. He is ranked by both Chambers and The Legal 500 as one of the most reputable energy lawyers in Italy.
- Maria Sole Insinga joins from DLA Piper. She focuses on real estate, assisting leading Italian and international real estate investors in relation to asset and share deals, spin-off transactions and joint ventures.
- Iacopo Aliverti Piuri joins from HELP – The Employment Law Plant. He practices exclusively in employment, industrial relations, pensions and social security law.
- Federico Vanetti joins from DLA Piper. A real estate partner, he is one of Italy’s most reputable lawyers in environmental, regulatory and planning matters.
Date: October 5th 2015